Mom's Apple Crisp
Yield: 1 9x13 pan
- 6-8 baking apples (I use a mix of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cut into small dice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first three ingredients. Toss to combine and spread across the bottom of a glass or ceramic 9x13 baking dish.
- Back in the mixing bowl, combine balance of ingredients into a course, crumble mixture. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake until apples are soft and tender, approximately 30-45 minutes.
Store in refrigerator, reheat before serving.